The Power of
New True Rich Color 3 and TR2 Inks
Award winning, GREENGUARD Gold certified TR2 inks and TrueVIS color output has quickly become a benchmark in the sign and graphics industry for color brilliance, detail, and intensity. With next generation SG3 technology and TR2 inks, you can further push your color gamut and quality.
- True Rich Color 3 and TR2 inks combine vivid color with smooth gradations and neutral grays to achieve more detailed skin tones and super-smooth color transitions.
- A library of color profiles help you generate a whole new level of color vibrancy in your prints
- True Rich Color 3 now supports RGB mode to vastly improve the color saturation of RGB images
- Certified for low-emission printing, TR2 ink is exceptionally scratch resistant and durable up-to three-years outdoors without lamination
|New Media Holder|
A one-touch lever locks the media in-place in one easy motion— other easy loading features include an integrated fan to keep the media steady during set-up.
|Perforated Sheet Cut Option|
Reduce post-processing with “easy tear” perforations between print jobs.
|Automated Pinch Rollers|
Inner pinch rollers raise during cutting jobs while outer rollers remain engaged to ensure accurate print and cut operation.
|Nozzle Mask Function|
If a nozzle on the printhead is misfiring, you can minimize printer downtime with the ability to turn off a specific nozzle band to allow continued production.
Improve accuracy on long print runs of stickers and decals using the Crop Mark by Row in VersaWorks 6 software.
|Smart Media Clamps|
For a more efficient print operation, smart media clamps with integrated grooves don’t interfere with sheet-cutting or need to be removed at any time.
VersaWorks 6 RIP Software
- Printer Color Match for multi-device workflows
- Pantone and Roland DG color libraries
- Crop, tile, and nest features
- Nearest Color Finder for auto color generation
- Create cut lines with PDF data
- 5 print queues, 5 hot folders
|Printing Method||Piezo ink-jet method|
|Media||Width||11.7 to 54 in. (297 to 1,371 mm)||7.2 to 30 in. (182 to 762 mm)|
|Thickness||Max. 39.3 ml (1.0 mm) with liner, for printing|
Max. 15.7 ml (0.4 mm) with liner and 8.6 ml (0.22 mm) without liner, for cutting
|Roll outer diameter||Max. 9.8 in. (250 mm)|
|Roll weight||Max. 77 lb. (35 kg)||Max. 66 lb. (30 kg)|
|Core diameter||3 in. (76.2 mm) or 2 in. (50.8 mm)|
|Printing/cuttin width (*1)||Max. 52.9 in. (1,346 mm)||Max. 28.9 in. (736 mm)|
|Ink||Type||TrueVIS INK 500 ml pouch|
|Colors||Four colors (cyan, magenta, yellow, and black)|
|Printing resolution (dots per inch)||Max. 1,200 dpi|
|Cutting speed||0.39 to 11.8 in/s (10 to 300 mm/s)|
|Blade force (*2)||30 to 500 gf|
|Blade||Type||Roland CAMM-1 series blade|
|Offset||0.0 to 59 ml (0.000 to 1.500 mm)|
|Software resolution (when cutting)||0.98 ml/step (0.025 mm/step)|
|Media heating system (*3)||Print heater set temperature: 86 to 113 (°F 30 to 45 °C) Dryer set temperature: 86 to 131 °F (30 to 55 °C)|
|Connectivity||Ethernet (100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T, automatic switching)|
|Power-saving function||Automatic sleep feature|
|Rated input||100-120/220-240 Va.c. 50/60 Hz 8.0/4.1 A||100-120/220-240 Va.c. 50/60 Hz 5.4/2.7 A|
|Power consumption||During operation||Approx. 1,090 W||Approx. 710W|
|Sleep mode||Approx. 50 W|
|Acoustic noise level||During operation||63 dB (A) or less|
|During standby||53 dB (A) or less|
(Width x Depth x Height)
|103.7 in. x 29.5 in. x 52.0 in. (2,632 mm x 748 mm x 1,320 mm)||79.7 in. x 29.5 in. x 52.0 in. (2,022 mm x 748 mm x 1,320 mm)|
|Weight||417 lb. (189 kg)||331 lb. (150 kg)|
|Environment||During operatio (*4)||Temperature: 68 to 89.6 °F (20 to 32 °C), humidity: 35 to 80 % RH (no condensation)|
|Not operating||Temperature: 41 to 104 °F (5 to 40 °C), Humidity: 20 to 80 % RH (no condensation)|
|Included items||Dedicated stands, power cord, Media take-up unit, media holders, replacement blade for separating knife, cleaning liquid, drain bottle, User’s Manual, Software(VersaWorks, Roland DG Connect), etc.|
- *1 – The length of printing or cutting is subject to the limitations of the program.
- *2 – 500 gf is the maximum instantaneous blade force. The blade force must be adjusted according to details such as the media thickness.
- *3 – Warm-up is required after power up. This may require 5 to 20 minutes, depending on the operating environment. Depending on the ambient temperature and media width, the preset temperature may fail to be reached.
- *4 – Operating environment（Use in an operating environment within this range.)