Add a Whole New Source
of Revenue to Your Business
TrafficWorks opens your sign shop up to new growth and opportunity. It also offers your construction business, DOT traffic sign suppliers, or other commercial company a simple in-house sign solution. The most versatile solution on the market, TrafficWorks features a streamlined integrated print and contour cut process that eliminates the fuss and expense of most traditional print methods. It allows your business to create ASTM, MUTCD, and FHWY compliant signage in a uniquely quick and cost-effective manner.
Simplify Traffic Signage
with Easy Software
TrueVIS VG2 Series
|Printing method||Piezo ink-jet method|
|Media||Width||12.4 to 64 in. (315 to 1,625 mm)||10.8 to 54 in. (275 to 1,371 mm)|
|Thickness||Max. 39 mil (1.0 mm) with liner, for printing|
Max. 16 mil (0.4 mm) with liner and 9 mil (0.22 mm) without liner, for cutting
|Roll outer diameter||Max. 8.3 in. (210 mm )|
|Roll weight||Max. 88 lb. (40 kg)||Max. 66 lb. (30 kg)|
|Core diameter (*1)||3 in. (76.2 mm) or 2 in. (50.8 mm)|
|Printing/cutting width (*2)||Max. 63 in. (1,600 mm)||Max. 53 in. (1,346 mm)|
|Ink||Type||TrueVIS INK 500 ml pouch (only white 250 ml)|
|Colors||8 colors (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Light Cyan, Light Magenta, Light Black, and White)|
8 colors (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Light Cyan, Light Magenta, Light Black, and Orange)
4 colors (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black)
|Printing resolution (dots per inch)||Max. 1200 dpi|
|Cutting speed||0.4 to 11.8 in/s (10 to 300 mm/s)|
|Blade force (*3)||30 to 500 gf|
|Blade||Type||Roland CAMM-1 series blade|
|Offset||0.0 to 59.1 mil (0.000 to 1.500 mm)|
|Software resolution (when cutting)||0.98 mil/step (0.025 mm/step)|
|Distance accuracy (when printing) (*4) (*5)||Error of less than ±0.3% of distance traveled or ±11.8 mil (±0.3 mm), whichever is greater|
|Distance accuracy (when cutting) (*4)||Error of less than ±0.4% of distance traveled or ±11.8 mil (±0.3 mm), whichever is greater|
When distance correction has been performed (when the setting for [CUTTING MENU] – [CALIBRATION] has been made): Error of less than ±0.2% of distance traveled or ±3.9 mil (±0.1 mm), whichever is greater
|Repeatability (when cutting) (*4) (*6)||±3.9 mil (±0.1 mm) or less|
|Alignment accuracy for printing and cutting (*4) (*7)||±19.7 mil (±0.5 mm) or less|
|Alignment accuracy for printing and cutting when reloading media (*4) (*8)||Error of less than ±0.5% of distance traveled, or ±0.2 in. (±3 mm), whichever is greater|
|Media heating system (*9)||Print heater set temperature: 86 to 112°F (30 to 45°C)|
Dryer set temperature: 30 to 50°C (86 to 122°F)
|Connectivity||Ethernet (100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T, automatic switching)|
|Power-saving function||Automatic sleep feature|
|Power requirements||AC 100 to 120 V ±10%, 8.0 A, 50/60 Hz or|
AC 220 to 240 V ±10%, 4.1 A, 50/60 Hz
|Power consumption||During operation||Approx. 1,090 W|
|Sleep mode||Approx. 40 W|
|Acoustic noise level||During operation||63 dB (A) or less|
|During standby||53 dB (A) or less|
|Dimensions (with stand)||116 [W] × 28.8 [D] × 51.6 [H] in.|
(2,945 (W) × 730 (D) × 1,310 (H) mm)
|105.8 [W] × 28.8 [D] × 51.6 [H] in.|
(2,685 (W) × 730 (D) × 1,310 (H) mm)
|Weight (with stand)||451.9 lb. (204 kg)||421 lb. (188 kg)|
|Environment||During operation||Temperature: 68 to 90°F (20 to 32°C),|
Humidity: 35 to 80%RH (no condensation)
|Not operating||Temperature: 41 to 104°F (5 to 40°C),|
Humidity: 20 to 80%RH (no condensation)
|Included items||Dedicated stands, power cord, media clamps, media holders, replacement blade for separating knife, manuals, etc.|
- The media holders of this machine are designed to be used exclusively with media that has a paper tube (core) with an inner diameter of 3 inches. To use 2-inch media, the optional media flanges are required.
- The length of printing or cutting is subject to the limitations of the program.
- 500 gf is the maximum instantaneous blade force.
- The blade force must be adjusted according to details such as the media thickness.
- Media type: Media specified by Roland DG Corporation
- Temperature: 25°C (77°F), humidity: 50%RH
- Roll media must be loaded correctly.
- Applicable when all pinch rollers that can be used with the media width are used.
- Side margins: 25 mm (1.0 in.) or more for both the left and right margins
- Excluding expansion/contraction of the media
- Not assured when the print heater or dryer is used.
- Assumes all correction and adjustment functions of the machine have been used properly.
- Print travel: 1 m (39.4 in.)
- [PREFEED] menu item must be set to “ENABLE.”
- Range for assured repetition accuracy
- For media with a width exceeding 610 mm (24.0 in.): Length: 4,000 mm (157.5 in.)
- For media with a width of 610 mm (24.0 in.) or less: Length: 8,000 mm (315.0 in.)
- Provided that the media feed length is 3,000 mm (118.1 in.) or less
- Excludes the effects of slanted movement and of expansion and contraction of the media
- Data size:
- 64-inch model: 1,000 mm (39.4 in.) in the media-feed direction, 1,600 mm (63.0 in.) in the carriage-movement direction
- 54-inch model: 1,000 mm (39.4 in.) in the media-feed direction, 1,346 mm (53.0 in.) in the carriage-movement direction
- No lamination
- Automatic detection of crop marks at 4 points when media is reloaded
- During cutting, [PREFEED] menu item must be set to “ENABLE.”
- Excluding possible shift caused by expansion/contraction of the media and/or by reloading the media.
- Data size:
- Warm-up is required after power up. This may require 5 to 20 minutes, depending on the operating environment.
- Depending on the ambient temperature and media width, the preset temperature may fail to be reached.