Deliver Perfectly Branded Displays, Promos, Wraps and More
with the Color Power of the VF2-640
As part of the new generation of TrueVIS technology, the VF2-640 large format printer has been developed for unprecedented gamut expansion, exceptional close-up detail, and the unique ability to achieve both vividness and natural color reproduction. The VF2-640 answers the exact color requirements of your clients and rises above the quality standards of your competitors.
|Improved Machine Operation|
With improved machine operation, the VF2-640 offers smooth production and print efficiency to help build your business.
|New Media Take-Up|
An included TUC4 take up system offers two modes to expertly handle everything from thin films to heavy canvas materials and provides take-up stability for a smooth post process.
|Nozzle Mask Function|
If a nozzle on the printhead is misfiring, minimize printer downtime by turning off a specific nozzle band to allow continued production.
|Roland DG Mobile Panel 2|
A newly improved Bluetooth enabled mobile panel allows you to test print, clean and troubleshoot your VF2-640 from your tablet or smartphone.
|Printing method||Piezo ink-jet method|
|Media||Width||10.2 to 64 in. (259 to 1,625 mm)|
|Thickness||Max. 1.0 mm (39 mil) with liner|
|Roll outer diameter||8.3 in. (Max. 210 mm)|
|Roll weight||88 lb. (Max. 40 kg)|
|Core diameter (*1)||3 in. (76.2 mm) or 2 in. (50.8 mm)|
|Printing width (*2)||63.6 in. (Max. 1,615 mm)|
|Ink||Type||TR2 INK 500 ml pouch (only white 250 ml)|
|Colors||8 colors (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Light Black, Orange, Green, and White)|
8 colors (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Light Cyan, Light Magenta, Light Black, and White)
8 colors (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Light Cyan, Light Magenta, Light Black, and Orange)
7 colors (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Light Black, Orange and Green)
4 colors (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black)
|Printing resolution (dots per inch)||Max. 1,200 dpi|
|Distance accuracy (*3)||Error of less than ±0.3% of distance traveled or ±0.3 mm (±11.8 mil), whichever is greater.|
|Media heating system (*4)||Print heater set temperature: 86 to 112°F (30 to 45°C)|
Dryer set temperature: 86 to 122°F (30 to 50°C)
|Connectivity||Ethernet (100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T, automatic switching)|
|Power-saving function||Automatic sleep feature|
|Power requirements||AC 100 to 120 V ±10%, 8.0 A, 50/60 Hz or AC 220 to 240 V ±10%, 4.1 A, 50/60 Hz|
|Power consumption||During operation||Approx. 1,090 W|
|Sleep mode||40 W|
|Acoustic noise level||During operation||63 dB (A) or less|
|During standby||53 dB (A) or less|
|Dimensions (with stand)||116 [W] × 28.8 [D] × 51.6 [H] in. (2,945 (W) × 730 (D) × 1,310 (H) mm)|
|Weight (with stand)||440.9 lb. (200 kg)|
|Environment||During operation||Temperature: 68 to 90°F (20 to 32°C), humidity: 35 to 80% RH (no condensation)|
|Not operating||Temperature: 41 to 104°F (5 to 40°C), Humidity: 20 to 80% RH (no condensation)|
|Included items||Dedicated stands, power cord, media holders, replacement blade for separating knife, cleaning liquid, drain bottle, user’s manual, etc.|
- *1 The media holders of this machine are designed to be used exclusively with media that has a paper tube (core) with an inner diameter of 3 inches. To use 2-inch media, the optional media flanges are required.
- *2 The length of printing is subject to the limitations of the application software.
- Media type: Media specified by Roland DG Corporation
- Temperature: 77°F (25°C), humidity: 50%RH
- Roll media must be loaded correctly.
- Excluding expansion/contraction of the media
- Not assured when the print heater or dryer is used.
- Assumes all correction and adjustment functions of the machine have been used properly.
- Print travel: 39.4 in. (1 m)
- Warm-up is required after power up. This may require 5 to 20 minutes, depending on the operating environment.
- Depending on the ambient temperature and the media width, the set temperature may not be reached.